BMW C 400 GT. The Gran Turismo among the mid-size scooters for excellent comfort and dynamic performance as well as lots of riding fun.
BMW Motorrad has unveiled a new Gran Turismo scooter at EICMA 2018 in Milan. The BMW C400GT will sit alongside the BMW C400X as a long-range touring version of the popular scooter. The mid-size scooter is geared towards further increased comfort and enhanced touring capability, wether you drive inside or outside the city.
The C 400 GT is powered by the efficiency-optimised single-cylinder engine with an output of 34 hp (25 kW) as is also used in the C 400 X. Power transmission is via a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) gearbox and a torsionally stiff drivetrain swing arm with innovative swing arm bearing for minimum vibration and therefore maximum comfort. Automatic Stability Control ASC ensures increased safety during acceleration, especially on slippery surfaces.
Like the BMW C 400 X, the new C 400 GT features a rugged tubular space frame made of steel. Suspension and damping are taken care of by a telescopic fork at the front and two spring struts at the rear. The set-up and spring travel have been selected so as to ensure that sporty, dynamic riding fun is combined with a very high level of comfort.
An optional 6.5-inch, full colour, TFT dash controls multimedia connectivity including phone and music controls and GPS.
The touring capabilities of the BMW C400GT are further improved by an updated storage system including two glove boxes and a flex-case under the seat.
There is a choice of two paint finishes for the new C 400 GT – Alpine White and Moonwalk Grey. which bears out the supreme, contemporary and harmonious character of a dynamic Gran Turismo. The third paint finish is Blackstorm metallic, which highlights the distinctive, high-quality look of the C 400 GT.
The highlights of the new BMW C 400 GT:
- Efficiency-optimised single-cylinder engine with a capacity of 350 cc, high torque and CVT gearbox.
- Highly compact design with wet sump lubrication.
- 25 kW (34 hp) at 7 500 rpm and 35 Nm at 6 000 rpm.
- Electronic fuel injection, digital engine control and ASC.
- Suspension with rugged tubular steel frame.
- Torsionally stiff drivetrain swing arm with innovative swing arm bearing for minimum vibration.
- Telescopic fork at front and two spring struts at rear with ample spring travel.
- Powerful braking system with ABS as standard.
- Passenger footboards instead of separate footrests.
- Seat with separate rider backrest.
- LED lighting technology as standard.
- LED daytime riding light as option.
- Keyless Ride as standard.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as an ex-works option.
- Distinctive, dynamic design.
- Increased wind and weather protection and sophisticated ergonomics.
- Generous storage space with two storage compartments and flexcase.
- Attractive colour variants with different characters.